Association of Administrative Professionals
The Association of Administrative Professionals (AAP) is a chartered, non-profit, Canadian association. We strive to provide administrative professionals the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive by encouraging all members to add to their individual competencies, advance their leadership skills, realize their value in the workplace and community and have confidence to excel in their careers.
The AAP offers the Canadian Certified Administrative Professional (CCAP) certificate and designation. The CCAP program is a certificate program for administrative professionals.
To earn the CCAP designation, candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be an AAP member for at least one year.
- Enrol in the CCAP program.
- Provide verification that you possess a minimum of five years' work experience in an administrative role or three years with a BA.
- Provide verification that you also possess a good balance of the AAP core competencies, which are in the areas of business management, technology, leadership/organizational skills and communication/interpersonal skills.
- Complete seven courses at accredited universities and colleges across Canada, consisting of four compulsory courses and three elective courses. Members enrolled in the CCAP program may complete some or all of their requirements with University of Calgary Continuing Education as follows:
|AAP Courses||UCalgary Equivalent|
|Business English||WRI 150 Writing in the Workplace|
|Human Resources Management||BMC 165 Human Resource Management|
|Organizational Behaviour||BMC 172 Human Behaviour in Organizations|
|Supervision/Management Studies||BMC 205 Business Management|
CCAP Certification Renewal
CCAP graduates must complete a certification renewal process every three years, based on a credits system. Earn credits by completing professional development programs, attending AAP meetings and events, working in the administrative profession, community involvement and more. Earn forty certification renewal credits in the three-year renewal period to meet the criteria. For more information, visit canadianadmin.ca/qaa-designation/re-certification or contact the CCAP National Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Association of Administrative Professionals, how to become a member, where our branches are, the CCAP designation and more, visit http://canadianadmin.ca or email the National Director – Registrar at email@example.com.