Learn the foundation and guidelines for an effective process of employee recruitment, evaluation and compensation. Recruitment entails: accurate job descriptions, strategies for finding the best candidate, legal considerations, effective interview techniques, and orientation of new employees. Evaluation encompasses: competency assessments and performance reviews, and individual career paths and planning. Compensation involves: monetary and non-monetary benefits, and ongoing feedback to ensure your plan is competitive and fair.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the primary responsibilities of a Human Resource Department
- Demonstrate the use of a number of tools used by the Human Resource Department
- Suggest different methods and approaches to improve performance in an organization
- Identify issues of concern to a company and recommend methods to improve results
For online offerings: unless notified, the course will not be available until 9 am start date.
It is recommended that students take BMC 165 Human Resource Management before taking any Optional Human Resource Management Courses.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Human Resource Management Certificate : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - Economic Developers : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Optional Courses
- Security Management Certificate : Optional Management Courses