This course discusses the primary functions of human resources management in organizations, encompassing the full employment lifecycle, from recruitment to departure. Key topic areas include strategies to identify and secure the best talent, managing employees’ career paths throughout their tenure, providing appropriate monetary and non-monetary compensation, and addressing organizational factors that enhance the employment experience.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify the primary responsibilities of a Human Resource Department, and the tools used to fulfil these responsibilities
- Complete key HR functions in recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, and career management.
- Suggest different human resources’ approaches to improve organizational performance
- Identify factors that impact the working environment, including health and safety, and legal considerations
For online offerings: unless notified, the course will not be available until 9 am start date.
It is recommended that students take BMC 165 Human Resource Management before taking any Optional Human Resource Management Courses.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Human Resource Management Certificate : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - Economic Developers : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Optional Courses