Refund, Withdrawal, and Transfer Policy
How to Withdraw or Transfer
To withdraw or transfer from a course, please contact us.
Students who do not formally withdraw from a course are considered registered in the course, even if they are no longer attending classes.
- For a full refund to be issued, notice of withdrawal from a course must be received at least seven days prior to the start date of the course.
- Students may transfer to a different course at any time prior to the start date of the course in which they are registered.
- When transferring between courses, the difference in fees will be paid by the student if the new fee is higher, or reimbursed by Continuing Education if the new fee is lower.
- A refund or transfer will not be issued if a student wishes to withdraw from a course after the start date of the course.
- Failure to return course materials included in the original course fees — in mint condition — at the time of your notice of withdrawal will result in the cost of the materials being removed from the refund.
- In some cases, the refund amount may be adjusted to include non-refundable costs incurred by Continuing Education on behalf of the student.
Some Continuing Education programs may accommodate requests to substitute an eligible participant in place of the initial registrant. Please contact us for details.
- "Course" denotes any Continuing Education offering (course, seminar, workshop, etc).
- Any exceptions to the policy will be clearly stated in the course section notes and the receipt / confirmation of registration sent by email after registration.
- If a refund or transfer is approved, reimbursement will be made via the original payment method. Reimbursements by cheque may take two weeks or more to process.
Please contact us.
Tuition Support Transfers
If tuition support has been used to cover the cost of the course, please fill out the Continuing Education Tuition Support Transfer Request Form.