This course is an introduction to the foundations of digital marketing. Students will be introduced to digital engagement to increase brand awareness, create leads, and ultimately drive purchase behaviour. The course will introduce leading tools and techniques, and demonstrate best practices in digital marketing. We will also discuss the effects of digital marketing on traditional media.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Define foundations of digital marketing and the principles of a successful online strategy
- Compare and contrast traditional marketing channels with emerging digital channels
- Identify digital marketing channels and tactics for different business models
- Review the concepts of marketing and customer interaction in an online environment
Formerly BMC 329 Digital Marketing.
Students with prior work experience in marketing might benefit from completing BMC 313 Metrics and Measures.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Digital Marketing Certificate : Core Courses