Gain an overview of business management and the different facets and functions of business. Expand your understanding of the Canadian business environment and managing the modern enterprise in an ever-changing global economy.
- Appreciate and anticipate the breadth and depth of the challenges and opportunities of the external environment that affect Canadian businesses.
- Critically examine the moral and ethical responsibilities that concern businesses in the Canadian and international community.
- Assess the factors that are used in optimizing organizational design, defining the appropriate legal form of business.
- Examine business processes, identify the essential elements that need to be controlled, and define systems through which to measure them.
- Systematically apply the process of planning that an organization goes through, over both short and long term cycles, and from strategic through core operational aspects.
- Understand the import roles of marketing in achieving organizational goals.
- Analyze the way business processes flow and interact across any multi-faceted organization, and to explore ways of measuring and improving productivity in these processes.
- Examine the way in which financial information is prepared and how financial information and non-financial measures combine to reflect the operating effectiveness of a business.
- Think judiciously and systemically in making business decisions, and anticipate their effects on the financial and other stakeholders of an organization.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Human Resource Management Certificate : Core Courses
- Occupational Health and Safety Diploma : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - Economic Developers : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Core Courses