BMC 205 - Business Management
Gain an overview of business management and the different facets and functions of business. Expand your understanding of the Canadian business environment and managing the modern enterprise in an ever-changing global economy.
- Appreciate and anticipate the breadth and depth of the challenges and opportunities of the external environment that affect Canadian businesses.
- Critically examine the moral and ethical responsibilities that concern businesses in the Canadian and international community.
- Assess the factors that are used in optimizing organizational design, defining the appropriate legal form of business.
- Examine business processes, identify the essential elements that need to be controlled, and define systems through which to measure them.
- Systematically apply the process of planning that an organization goes through, over both short and long term cycles, and from strategic through core operational aspects.
- Recognize the roles of marketing in achieving organizational goals.
- Analyze the way business processes flow and interact across any multi-faceted organization, and to explore ways of measuring and improving productivity in these processes.
- Examine the way in which financial information is prepared and how financial information and non-financial measures combine to reflect the operating effectiveness of a business.
- Think judiciously and systemically in making business decisions, and anticipate their effects on the financial and other stakeholders of an organization.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Human Resource Management Certificate : Core Courses
- Occupational Health and Safety Diploma : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - Economic Developers : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Core Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Core Courses