Success and organizational effectiveness hinges on the usage of influencing within all levels across an organization. Influencing skills are strategies that enable you to gain commitment from others without force or coercion, foster collaboration and acquire specific competencies, behaviours and attitudes necessary to achieve desired results.
Uncover how to investigate a framework for using influence to grow relationships and engage stakeholders. Apply approaches for collaboration and explore systems thinking as a tool for working with change, solving complex problems, and creating individual and team learning.
- Identify different influence strategies and tactics to gain commitment, foster collaboration and tackle resistance to new ideas
- Examine a framework for using influence to grow relationships and engage stakeholders in different environments
- Gain insights into concepts of systems, systems thinking, complexity and their implications for the workplace.
- Investigate essential components and approaches to collaboration
This program is perfect if you...
- Want to learn techniques that will help you assess the current state and evaluate the risks impacting your business
- Want to understand the basic components of financial literacy
- Want to apply these program hours towards the Certificate for Front Line Leaders
What will I get?
Students who complete this program will receive a Digital Badge.
Courses in this program are delivered online. Courses are scheduled at convenient times, allowing you to complete the program at a pace that fits your life.
You should plan on studying and working approximately 6 hours per week per course.
Online learning fits into busy schedules by taking the learning experience out of the traditional classroom. Students have online access to instructors, fellow learners, and learning materials.
Before taking your first online course, we recommended taking our free course: Digital Skills for Learning Online
3 Courses, 42 Hours
All Continuing Education programs are developed with part-time learners in mind. Influence Skills Training for Professionals is a 42-hour program.
The length of time it takes to complete this program varies by student. Students may complete the program in as little as three months.
The approximate cost to complete Influence Skills Training for Professionals is $2,036.
You do not require a degree or diploma to apply for admission to this program.
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Grade 12 diploma (recommended)
- Relevant work experience (recommended)
- If English is not your first language, you must meet the English language proficiency requirements
Students will be automatically admitted when they register for the course BUS 651 Influencing and Obtaining Results Without Authority.
On completion of this program, you may wish to pursue studies in another.
Upon completing Influence Skills Training for Professionals, all 42 hours of seminar credit can be transferred to the Certificate for Front Line Leaders.
If you wish to pursue another program:
- Complete the Application for Admission for your next program
- Contact us to request transfer of the equivalent course credits
The transfer of course credits will not happen without your request.
Each year, scholarships and awards are given to deserving students not only for their academic achievement, but also for community involvement. Award sponsors include both corporate and private donors.
To apply, you must meet eligibility criteria and submission deadlines. Students in this program may be eligible for the following awards:
It is the student's responsibility to ensure all requirements for graduation are fulfilled.
See Graduation for details.