Mastering the ability to influence others is a powerful tool to have in your toolbox. Explore how persuasive communication may help convince others to embrace organizational change and take action.
Examine influence not as positional power but as an essential social instrument through which employees perform work and demonstrate an ability to execute duties and ensure alignment across boundaries. Reflect on what you can do to become more influential or what changes you may need to implement to increase your ability to have an effect on the behaviour and attitude of others. By improving your ability to guide, coach, and show direction, you may also become a better follower.
Formerly BUS 633 Workplace Politics: Step up to Conflict
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify different barriers to leading with influence
- Examine the foundations of influence
- Evaluate different approaches to leading with influence and strategies to increase your influence
- Identify what changes you need to make in order to increase your influence
- Workplace Politics
- Foundations of influence
- Influence Tactics
- Personal influence assessment
Program: Certificate for Emerging Leaders - Category (stream): Personal Effectiveness
Program: Certificate for Front Line Leaders - Category (stream): Leading Self