BUS 642 - Business Acumen: Systems Thinking to Solve Organizational Challenges
Systems thinking is a holistic approach to problem solving. In practice, it means taking a step back to understand how different systems interact, and using that information to design more meaningful solutions.
In this seminar, learn a unique approach to systems thinking as a method and tool for working with change, solving complex problems, and creating individual and team learning. Systems thinking expert, Peter Senge, defines systems thinking as both a thinking skill and a language for understanding and working with complexity. When you understand the complexity of a situation, you are better able to think and act in ways that produce desired results.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify the five disciplines of a learning organization
- Analyse the concepts of systems, systems thinking, complexity and their implications for the workplace
- Explain systems thinking archetypes
- Apply systems thinking to a challenging situation in your workplace
- Develop an action plan for using a system thinking approach at work
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate for Front Line Leaders : Leading and Collaboration Across the Business Units - Seminars
- Influence Skills Training for Professionals : Core Courses