In today's constantly changing world, organizations face opportunities and challenges daily. Business Analysis is a set of processes that analyze business needs, prioritizing the needs and then designing and implementing solutions that enable an organization to achieve its goals.
The Business Analyst holds a key role in these activities, working with all levels in an organization. They connect strategy to tactics, requirements to design, and policy to process. The outcome of their work is operational efficiencies, sustainable business solutions and healthier, more collaborative stakeholder working environments.
In this Business Analysis Certificate program, you will learn practical skills needed to excel as a business analyst. The materials in this program are based on International Institute of Business Analysis IIBA™ A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide). These courses can be used to explore other career paths, such as Project Management.
- Analyze a business situation and illustrate a business need
- Identify techniques and tactics to foster collaborative relationships with stakeholders
- Apply a selection of analysis and modelling techniques, based on industry best practice
- Construct requirements to support all stages of business, from strategic planning to implementation
- Design sustainable solutions that integrate design best practice
- Modify business analysis materials to be tailored for stakeholder needs
This program is perfect if you...
- Would like to learn the core skills for a career in Business Analysis
- Are a business analyst looking to enhance your expertise and stay current with industry best practices
- Work in a related field such as Project Management or IT, and want to improve collaboration, or transition into Business Analysis
What will I get?
Students who complete this program will receive a Professional Certificate.
Courses in this program are delivered online. Courses are scheduled at convenient times, allowing you to complete the program at a pace that fits your life.
You should plan on studying and working approximately 8 hours per week per course.
Online learning fits into busy schedules by taking the learning experience out of the traditional classroom. Students have online access to instructors, fellow learners, and learning materials.
Before taking your first online course, we recommended taking our free course: Digital Skills for Learning Online
6 Courses, 120 Hours
All Continuing Education programs are developed with part-time learners in mind. The Business Analysis Certificate is a 120-hour program.
The length of time it takes to complete this program varies by student. If you take one course per term (four courses a year), you will likely complete the program in 12 months. You will complete the program faster if you take multiple courses per term.
The approximate cost to complete the Business Analysis Certificate is $3,699.
This includes the $105 admission fee.
You do not require a degree or diploma to apply for admission to this program. You can take individual courses to start, and apply later.
The admission fee is $105.
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Grade 12 diploma (recommended)
- Relevant work experience (recommended)
- If English is not your first language, you must meet the English language proficiency requirements
Programs change from time to time, so we recommend that you apply for admission as early as possible. Once admitted, your requirements to complete the program will not change – even if the program changes. You can be confident that completed and eligible courses will apply to your program.Apply for Admission
Prior learning from other post-secondary institutions
Advanced standing may be granted for equivalent, graded courses completed at other post-secondary institutions. Credit may be granted up to a maximum of 40 hours towards this program.Apply for Advanced Standing
Each year, scholarships and awards are given to deserving students not only for their academic achievement, but also for community involvement. Award sponsors include both corporate and private donors.
To apply, you must meet eligibility criteria and submission deadlines. Students in this program may be eligible for the following awards:
It is the student's responsibility to ensure all requirements for graduation are fulfilled.
See Graduation for details.
International students who wish to live and work in Canada can take this certificate in the one-year International Professional Program in Business Analysis, Intelligence and Analytics and the one-year International Professional Program in Project Management.