This award was established with assistance from Linda McNeil to honour Kay Pringle's support for and participation in the Calgary community. She dedicated her service to many projects within the business community and at the University of Calgary where she participated in the President's Circle and served as an advisory committee member for Continuing Education. Her legacy is to support students from the business field on their learning journey. Linda McNeil served on the Chamber of Commerce with Kay A. Pringle and created this award to honour her friend. The award was changed to the Kay A. Pringle and Linda McNeil scholarship to honour both women for their service and commitment to the Calgary community, especially those who need financial assistance while pursuing their educational goals.
The fund was established to provide assistance to adult learners who have chosen to pursue educational goals, often while maintaining a full-time career and family life commitments.
Number: Six per year
Application Deadline: May 1
- Academic standing (grade of C or better) in a minimum of four certificate courses.
- Two reference letters highlighting community involvement are required. (Submission of a resume is optional.)
Students enrolled in these University of Calgary certificate programs who meet the criteria are eligible to apply:
- Business Analysis
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Marketing (all certificates)
- Professional Management (General and all Specializations)