Most business, industry and government employers require strong writing and editing skills to help get their messages out and connect with their audiences. They are highly sought-after skills in almost all business job postings. This program will provide learners new to the workforce a short, focused program in writing and editing. The program will also appeal to learners in all stages of their career, including entrepreneurs involved in any business, not-for-profits and start-ups, and will provide an opportunity to improve their written communication skills.
By the end of this 50-hour program, learners will:
- Develop workplace writing skills
- Apply editing strategies to various workplace documents
- Create engaging correspondence for internal and external communication
This program is perfect if you...
- Need to improve your professional writing and editing skills
- Want to write engaging and persuasive content in the workplace
- Are looking for a short, focused program to improve your writing and editing skills in the workplace
- Seek skills and a credential that are in high demand from employers from all business and industry
- Want digital recognition for successful completion of the program
What will I get?
Students who complete this program will receive a Digital Badge.
Courses in this program are delivered online. Courses are scheduled at convenient times, allowing you to complete the program at a pace that fits your life.
You should plan on studying and working approximately 5 hours per week per course.
Online learning fits into busy schedules by taking the learning experience out of the traditional classroom. Students have online access to instructors, fellow learners, and learning materials.
Before taking your first online course, we recommended taking our free course: Digital Skills for Learning Online
4 Courses, 50 Hours
All Continuing Education programs are developed with part-time learners in mind. Writing and Editing Skills in the Workplace is a 50-hour program.
The length of time it takes to complete this program varies by student. If you take more than one course per term, you will likely complete the program within six months.
The approximate cost to complete Writing and Editing Skills in the Workplace is $910.
You do not require a degree or diploma before starting this program.
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Grade 12 diploma (recommended)
- Relevant work experience (recommended)
- If English is not your first language, you must meet the English language proficiency requirements
Students will be automatically admitted when they register for any of the following courses:
On completion of this program, you may wish to pursue studies in another.
Upon completing this program, WRI 113 Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling: A Quick Review may be transferred towards the following certificates:
- Creative Writing Certificate
- Professional Writing Certificate specializing in Business and Technical Writing
- Professional Writing Certificate specializing in Marketing and Public Relations
If you wish to pursue another program:
- Complete the Application for Admission for your next program
- Contact us to request transfer of the equivalent course credits
The transfer of course credits will not happen without your request.
Each year, scholarships and awards are given to deserving students not only for their academic achievement, but also for community involvement. Award sponsors include both corporate and private donors.
To apply, you must meet eligibility criteria and submission deadlines. Students in this program may be eligible for the following awards:
It is the student's responsibility to ensure all requirements for graduation are fulfilled.
See Graduation for details.
This program does not qualify students to apply for an international study permit.
International students who wish to live and work in Canada should consider our International Professional Programs.