A well written document reflects our attention to detail and can mean the difference between getting and keeping a job. Many of us learned the basic rules of grammar, punctuation and spelling in grade school, however, may have lost these basic skills in our digitized world.
This course will look at the basic rules of language and spelling, identify the proper use of punctuation, focus on common mistakes and writing dilemmas, and how to avoid them.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Define the basic rules of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Demonstrate proper use of grammar, punctuation and spelling in your professional and personal writing
- Recognize commonly misspelled words
- Identify common grammatical and punctuation errors
Course topics: basic rules of grammar, punctuation and spelling, common writing mistakes
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Creative Writing Certificate : Core Courses
- Professional Writing Certificate specializing in Business and Technical Writing : Core Courses
- Professional Writing Certificate specializing in Marketing and Public Relations : Core Courses