WRI 116 - Persuasive Writing in the Workplace
Learn and practice skills to communicate persuasively through a variety of writing strategies that highlight both business and individual assets.
Whether you are an entrepreneur with a new start-up, part of business operations, or senior leadership, grab your audience’s attention with engaging internal and external writing techniques across company-wide messaging, press releases, client presentations, corporate addresses/speeches, and more.
Delve into verbal and non-verbal strategies and improve your communication skills in the workplace to ultimately meet your customers' needs.
Explore the persuasive writing and communication strategies first developed by ancient thinkers and harnessed by the likes of historical figures, political leaders, and industry disrupters, illuminating proven methods of effective, creative and influential writing techniques for an ever-evolving digital world.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Maximize the impact your written words have on any audience, large or small
- Apply fundamental writing and communication techniques necessary to succeed in a technology-driven corporate landscape
- Identify the role storytelling plays in crafting persuasive, barrier-breaking messaging to your audience
- Write engaging and persuasive content for the workplace
NotesTopics: persuasive business writing techniques, creative storytelling in the workplace
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Writing and Editing Skills in the Workplace : Required