The client was looking for a program to demonstrate to their employees, fundamental leadership skills and behaviours such as emotional and social intelligence.
In consultation with the client, we designed a program to serve as the first level of leadership development training with the client delivering a second level of training internally. This two-tiered approach helped assure the client their staff received the fundamental and organizational leadership training that supported the organization's standards.
Participants apply to take this popular, well-established program, which we have been facilitating for several years with this client. Each year, prior to the launch of the program, we perform an updated environmental scan to verify and identify any current internal and external challenges that affect the curriculum. Additionally, most of the instructors in this program understand this client's unique culture.
We delivered a five-day, leadership development program that addressed the unique leadership challenges this organization faced. The program is cohort-based which provides the necessary forum for participants to challenge assumptions about leading change as it pertains to the future of their organization.
Unique factors for this client
- Ongoing program with one or two cohorts per year
- Participants apply for this program due to its popularity within the organization
- The Leadership Challenge textbook included
- Instructors with public service experience offer credibility to the program
- Program hours are transferrable towards Continuing Education certificates
Delivery and implementation
The delivery of the leadership development program is conducted as in-class sessions at the client's training venue. There are four courses in this program with each instructor teaching one day except for the final course which runs over two days. The final course is focused on The Leadership Challenge and each participant is provided a copy of the textbook to keep.
We worked with the client to identify a program evaluation approach and to acquire data on the impact of the program. These helped track participant satisfaction and the use of their newly acquired skills.
- Prepare and distribute tailored training materials
- Order and disperse The Leadership Challenge textbook
- Manage security clearance of instructors
- Manage technology in the classroom
- Facilitate the transfer of hours to Continuing Education certificate programs
- Course delivery at client's venue
For the client's organization:
- Cost effective and sustainable learning
- Course topics and materials were tailored to their unique culture and helped participants manage the specific challenges they faced inside their organization
- Having instructors with a knowledge about the work experiences of the participants ensured that the solutions discussed in the sessions were tailored to the industry context and useful to the audience
For the participants:
- Participants have a standardized framework to assess their emotional and social intelligence capacity
- Improved abilities to lead oneself and lead change
- Resources and tools that can be readily implemented on the job
- Alberta Energy Regulator
- Alberta Health Services
- Alberta Ministry of Education
- Alberta Municipal Health and Safety Association (AMHSA)
- Alberta Utilities Commission
- Calgary Police Service
- Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE)
- City of Airdrie
- Rocky View County
- SMART Technologies
- The Calgary Foundation
- The City of Calgary
- The Toronto Centre
Why Work With Us?
Exceptional quality.We take pride in our ability to approach a client's challenge and deliver solutions tailored to meet our clients' need.
Use teaching and learning technology and best practices.Our solutions include the use of an online learning management system a web-based platform that store and share learning resources, this can be accessed from anywhere — via any device. In addition, we use the latest best practices in adult continuing education.
Industry experts.We hire experts in their fields. This translates into industry professionals sharing their knowledge and experience to contribute to our clients' success.
Unparalleled customer service.We listen and we deliver. Our Corporate Training team provides personalized attention, continuous communication, immediate action, and follow-through.
Ready to see how we can help you meet your organization's challenges?
Explore more of our case studies
A self-serve front line leader program
The client wanted to provide its new to experienced leaders with a self-service model to support their unique needs and current issues, ensuring the quality of the learning was consistent across course offerings.
Establishing leadership competencies across global locations
The main goal for this client was to improve key supervisory competencies across all frontline managers and supervisors.
Preparing front line leaders to manage change across the organization
The client's goal was to ensure new leaders all had the fundamental leadership skills necessary to effectively manage their teams.
Building social and emotional capacity of front line leaders
The main goal for this organization was to provide fundamental leadership skills to high performing individual contributors identified as having leadership potential within the organization.