This client made a fundamental shift in their product offering resulting in changes to their operational processes and organizational structure. With company representatives situated around the globe, the leadership team identified the need to ensure front line leaders had the key competencies they needed to manage this change with their staff and reflect the company's values.
The organization had not done any formal leadership development up to this point. To confirm the business goals we performed a needs analysis in consultation with the client to identify gaps in the soft skills and expected outcomes of their front line supervisors.
In consultation with their human resources team and the senior leadership team, we prioritized the skills that leaders in the organization required.
The outcome was a six-day leadership development program, focused on six different but related leadership topics.
Unique factors for this client
- Six training days, delivered three days at a time, with a two month break in between for reflection of new learning and application
- Use of online discussion platform to continue communication in between training days
- Graduation ceremony
Delivery and implementation
The delivery of the leadership competency program was conducted as in-person classroom sessions supplemented by an online discussion platform for participants to connect with one another between sessions.
We brought our expert facilitators in-house to the client's location and leveraged the client's proprietary educational technology product to deliver the tailored content.
The courses were delivered over four months to allow for on-the-job application of learning and time for reflection. Courses focused on leading self were delivered over a three-day period, followed by a two-month break to apply the new skills. After the break, we delivered the remaining three courses focused on leading others.
We worked with the client to identify a program evaluation approach to acquire data on the impact of the program. Some of the metrics tracked participant satisfaction and the use of their newly acquired knowledge and skills.
At the end of the program the client held a small graduation ceremony and distributed framed certificates of completion, signed by the director of Continuing Education and the client's CEO.
- Managed registration
- Prepared and delivered tailored training materials
- Developed and conducted program evaluation and analysis
- Prepared and printed certificates of completion
For the client's organization:
- Training of front line leaders on strategies and tools to lead teams during a significant organizational change and shift in business model
- A framework to guide strategic thinking, foster innovation and encourage a growth mindset amongst employees
- On-the-job tools and resources that could be implement right away
For the participants:
- Front line leaders were provided frameworks and tools to execute on strategic initiatives and projects at a lower level in the organization and within their departments.
- Acquired enhanced leadership strategies and tools
- Acquired a standardized framework to lead and motivate employees across the organization
- Alberta Energy Regulator
- Alberta Health Services
- Alberta Ministry of Education
- Alberta Municipal Health and Safety Association (AMHSA)
- Alberta Utilities Commission
- Calgary Police Service
- Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE)
- City of Airdrie
- Rocky View County
- SMART Technologies
- The Calgary Foundation
- The City of Calgary
- The Toronto Centre
Why Work With Us?
Exceptional quality.We take pride in our ability to approach a client's challenge and deliver solutions tailored to meet our clients' need.
Use teaching and learning technology and best practices.Our solutions include the use of an online learning management system a web-based platform that store and share learning resources, this can be accessed from anywhere — via any device. In addition, we use the latest best practices in adult continuing education.
Industry experts.We hire experts in their fields. This translates into industry professionals sharing their knowledge and experience to contribute to our clients' success.
Unparalleled customer service.We listen and we deliver. Our Corporate Training team provides personalized attention, continuous communication, immediate action, and follow-through.
Ready to see how we can help you meet your organization's challenges?
Explore more of our case studies
A self-serve front line leader program
The client wanted to provide its new to experienced leaders with a self-service model to support their unique needs and current issues, ensuring the quality of the learning was consistent across course offerings.
Establishing leadership competencies across global locations
The main goal for this client was to improve key supervisory competencies across all frontline managers and supervisors.
Preparing front line leaders to manage change across the organization
The client's goal was to ensure new leaders all had the fundamental leadership skills necessary to effectively manage their teams.
Building social and emotional capacity of front line leaders
The main goal for this organization was to provide fundamental leadership skills to high performing individual contributors identified as having leadership potential within the organization.