This client's goal was to provide learning and development services that met the needs of its diverse leaders and strengthened their performance. Some leaders were new to their role, others were experienced leaders, while others were in acting leadership roles. The client wanted to provide its leaders with a self-service model to support their unique needs and current issues. They also wanted to ensure the quality of the learning was consistent across the course offerings.
We conducted a joint program development using three tactics to gather data: focus groups, stakeholder interviews and an online survey. This allowed us to identify that there were three distinct types of programs required for three distinct audiences.
- A cohort-based leadership development program targeted for high-potential leaders
- An open-enrolment style program to support frontline leaders to close specific gaps that the cohort-based program could not address
- A third program for individual contributors (every other employee)
Unique factors for this client
- Three distinct programs were designed and delivered
- Leveraged the client's learning management system (LMS) to manage registrations
- Developed courses and programs in partnership with the client's SMEs and educational consultants
- Kick off and graduation events were held
Delivery and implementation
To support delivery, we leveraged the client's learning management system to gather registrations. The actual delivery was conducted as in-person classroom sessions at either the client's location and at our Downtown Campus, depending on the program and audience. For one of the program streams we used a personality assessment tool that was completed online prior to the first class. We held a kick-off event at our Downtown Campus where the program and facilitators were introduced, the assessment tool was debriefed, and there was an opportunity for the participants to network and connect with each other. We worked with the client to identify a program evaluation approach. At the end of each course, participants completed an instructor and course evaluation for quality assurance and to improve specific course delivery and outcomes. We also pivoted all of the programs online during COVID-19.
- Prepared and delivered tailored training materials
- Developed and conducted program evaluation and analysis
- Registration and access of D2L (online learning environment)
- Program hours are transferrable towards Continuing Education certificates
- Prepared and printed certificates of completion
For the client's organization:
- Cost effective and sustainable learning
- Improved individual, team and organizational performance
- The program contributes to the organization's attraction, retention and engagement strategy
For the participants:
- Over 80% of participants agreed the leadership program met their expectations
- 87% agreed they could apply what they learned in the program
- Alberta Energy Regulator
- Alberta Health Services
- Alberta Ministry of Education
- Alberta Municipal Health and Safety Association (AMHSA)
- Alberta Utilities Commission
- Calgary Police Service
- Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE)
- City of Airdrie
- Rocky View County
- SMART Technologies
- The Calgary Foundation
- The City of Calgary
- The Toronto Centre
Why Work With Us?
Exceptional quality.We take pride in our ability to approach a client's challenge and deliver solutions tailored to meet our clients' need.
Use teaching and learning technology and best practices.Our solutions include the use of an online learning management system a web-based platform that store and share learning resources, this can be accessed from anywhere — via any device. In addition, we use the latest best practices in adult continuing education.
Industry experts.We hire experts in their fields. This translates into industry professionals sharing their knowledge and experience to contribute to our clients' success.
Unparalleled customer service.We listen and we deliver. Our Corporate Training team provides personalized attention, continuous communication, immediate action, and follow-through.
Ready to see how we can help you meet your organization's challenges?
Request a training consultation
Explore more of our case studies
A self-serve front line leader program
The client wanted to provide its new to experienced leaders with a self-service model to support their unique needs and current issues, ensuring the quality of the learning was consistent across course offerings.
Establishing leadership competencies across global locations
The main goal for this client was to improve key supervisory competencies across all frontline managers and supervisors.
Preparing front line leaders to manage change across the organization
The client's goal was to ensure new leaders all had the fundamental leadership skills necessary to effectively manage their teams.
Building social and emotional capacity of front line leaders
The main goal for this organization was to provide fundamental leadership skills to high performing individual contributors identified as having leadership potential within the organization.