Learn how to plan and design visual stories using interactive dashboards and reports in Power BI that connect to your audience and generate action in a business context. Extract insights from data through visual data analysis and find the narrative thread that engages your audience with a story about the data.
The course combines lectures with group discussions and hands-on lab activities. Before attending this course, you must have experience and knowledge using Power BI to create dashboards and reports. Students will work in groups, and participate in role-playing activities to design and present data dashboards based on a business scenario.
This course is designed for non-technical business users.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify appropriate visual design for business presentations
- Design interactive dashboards and reports using Power BI that are logically sound, persuasive and tailored to the audience
- Apply best practices in visual data storytelling
- Introduction to Data Storytelling
- The structure of your Data Story
- Visual Data Storytelling
- Building a persuasive argument for different stakeholders
- Effective dashboard and report design with Power BI
No mandatory prerequisites.
Self-assessment for enrolment:
A minimum of 3 months relevant working experience and knowledge in:
- Create dashboard and report using Power BI
- Gather data and apply data transformation and modelling in Power BI
- ITF 210 Visualize Data using Microsoft Power BI
- ITF 220 Data Transformation and Modelling with Microsoft Power BI