Gain practical knowledge about the capabilities of Microsoft Power BI, and learn how to turn your data into meaningful insights and make data-driven decisions. Learn how to connect to data from a variety of sources, transform and clean the data, create relationships in data modelling and create interactive dashboards and reports to meet specific business requirements. You will also learn data storytelling principles, and how to design visual stories to connect to your audience and generate action in a business context.
The program is designed for non-technical business users. You will learn how to use the powerful drag-and-drop interface and features in Power BI.
By completion of this program, successful students will be able to:
- Create reports and dashboards in Power BI
- Apply data transformation and modelling using Power BI
- Design visual stories that connect to your audience and generate action in a business context using data storytelling
Graduates of this program are prepared for a wide range of jobs across different industries, as businesses of all sizes are seeking professionals with data analysis and visualization skillsets, who are familiar with data-driven decision-making processes.
This program is perfect if you...
- Are a manager who wishes to use Power BI to create custom dashboards that provide real-time business insights
- Are an operations professional who wishes to monitor key performance indicators and understand the performance of your organization's operation using Power BI
- Are a marketing professional who wishes to track the success of marketing campaigns using Power BI
- Are a finance professional who wishes to analyze finance data with Power BI
- Are an individual who wishes to gain practical skills in data analysis and visualization using Power BI
What will I get?
Students who complete this program will receive a Digital Badge.
Courses in this program are delivered online. Courses are scheduled at convenient times, allowing you to complete the program at a pace that fits your life.
You should plan on studying and working approximately 8 hours per week per course.
Online learning fits into busy schedules by taking the learning experience out of the traditional classroom. Students have online access to instructors, fellow learners, and learning materials.
Before taking your first online course, we recommended taking our free course: Digital Skills for Learning Online
3 Courses, 42 Hours
All Continuing Education programs are developed with part-time learners in mind. Microsoft Power BI for Business: Make your Data Useful is a 42-hour program.
The length of time it takes to complete this program varies by student. If you take one or two courses per term, you will likely complete the program in 6 months.
The approximate cost to complete Microsoft Power BI for Business: Make your Data Useful is $1,947.
You do not require a degree or diploma to apply for admission to this program.
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Grade 12 diploma (recommended)
- Relevant work experience (recommended)
- If English is not your first language, you must meet the English language proficiency requirements
Students will be automatically admitted when they register for ITF 210 Visualize Data using Microsoft Power BI.
Each year, scholarships and awards are given to deserving students not only for their academic achievement, but also for community involvement. Award sponsors include both corporate and private donors.
To apply, you must meet eligibility criteria and submission deadlines. Students in this program may be eligible for the following awards:
It is the student's responsibility to ensure all requirements for graduation are fulfilled.
See Graduation for details.