Microsoft Azure SQL solutions offer scalable and secure options for storing and analyzing data.
Learn the concepts and techniques in administering SQL Server databases on Microsoft Azure. You will learn how to work with hybrid database systems, on-premises SQL Server installation and Azure databases. The course assumes that the learners have experience working with Microsoft SQL Server.
This course covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam DP-300: Administering Microsoft Azure SQL Solutions.
The University of Calgary is Microsoft Education Global Training Partner.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Administer Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure using the Azure portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI, and ARM templates.
- Deploy and configure resources, including databases and database servers using manual methods.
- Configure database authentication and authorization.
- Implement security policies for data at rest and in transit.
- Monitor server performance to identify major causes of performance problems after establishing a baseline.
- Configure resources, including databases, servers, and networks, for optimal performance.
- Monitor and tune query performance.
- Manage performance-related maintenance tasks including updating statistics and defragmentation.
- Configure database auto-tuning features.
- Deploy resources using automated deployment scripts.
- Create and manage tasks, alerts, and notifications.
- Determine the optimum HADR strategy that will satisfy RPO and RTO requirements.
- Plan and configure a disaster recovery solution.
- Introduction to Azure database administration
- Plan and implement data platform resources
- Implement a secure environment for a database service
- Monitor and optimize operational resources
- Optimize query performance
- Automate database tasks
- Plan and implement a high availability and disaster recovery environment
This course includes hands-on activities to reinforce the concepts taught and provide a practical learning experience.
Lab access will be provided at no additional cost.
No mandatory prerequisite.
Self-assessment for enrolment:
A minimum of 6 months relevant working experience and knowledge in:
- Core data concepts and how they are implemented using Azure data services
- Designing and building databases, configuring, monitoring, and optimizing databases using Microsoft SQL Server
- ICT 678 Microsoft SQL Server Development Level 1
- ICT 680 Microsoft SQL Server Administration Level 1