Learn how to deal effectively with the conflicts that are frequently part of workplace life. Gain an understanding of your conflict management style and develop strategies and skills to deal with individual and team conflict situations. Improve relationships and increase personal productivity. These are the results that effectively managed conflict can provide.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and understand the sources and effects of conflict generally and "difficult conversations" specifically.
- Increase awareness of the negative effect that unresolved or ineffectively managed conflict has in general, and specifically within the workplace.
- Understand the role that assumptions and differences in values and perceptions play in the generation of conflictive situations and develop strategies and communication skills to manage them effectively.
- Identify and work with a set of skills and approaches that contribute to effective management of conflict and "difficult conversations" in the workplace.
- Identify and understand the "3 conversations": "What Happened" "Emotions" "Identity"
For online offerings: unless notified, the course will not be available until 9 am start date.
- Audrey Farrier
- Nicole Jelley, Senior Director
- Michèle Luit, MA in Conflict Analysis and Management, President
- Vicky Roy, PhD
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Change Management : Change Management Optional Courses
- Human Resource Management Certificate : Optional Human Resource Management Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Optional Courses
- Public Relations Management Certificate : Optional Management Courses
- Security Management Certificate : Optional Management Courses