FRE 103 - French 3
Continue to explore verbs in the present tense, including some irregular forms, and expand your knowledge of the past tense. Conversation topics cover vacations, transportation, media and communications. Through role-playing and other exercises, gain more fluency and confidence in speaking French.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe and talk about the past events
- Express actions, observations, and beliefs
- Talk about vacations, recreation, and modes of transportation
- Discuss communication, media, and modern technology
- Understand native speakers more easily
- Build sentences more spontaneously
- Speak more succinctly, with improved pronunciation
Effective 2021, all students in this course are formally assessed with a letter grade. Those who do not wish to be assessed can apply for course audit.
French is spoken in all classes, even at the beginner level.
Full time U of C students are eligible for a 25% discount on French courses. You must phone our office at 403-220-2866 to register with the discount. Valid for 2022-2023 academic year.
FRE 102 French 2, or equivalent
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in French Language and Culture - FSL Foundations : Core Courses