Explore environmental management challenges and issues faced by industry, and discover the key driving forces that are requiring companies to address these issues through an array of management techniques. Gain understanding and practical application of your toolbox of management approaches for environmental issues including: environmental impact assessment, environmental site assessment, regulatory roles and strategies, environmental legislation, emergency response planning, environmental management systems, environmental auditing, risk assessment and management, sustainability reporting, environmental communications and corporate social responsibility.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify the primary tools used for environmental management and define their appropriate application;
- Explain how the scientific method applies to environmental management;
- Evaluate the quality of environmental information and identify sources of error;
- Employ consideration of ethics in environmental decision making; and
- Utilize an understanding of regulatory methods and requirements, and other outside influences, when developing strategies for corporate environmental management.
Students may take either BMC 281 Auditing of HSE Management Systems and Compliance OR BMC 116 Management Tools and Techniques for Environmental Issues in their Core Component. If both courses are taken, one will be assigned to Core and the other will be assigned as Optional.
- Alan Kennedy
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Environmental Management Certificate : Optional Courses