Further flesh out your one-page outline from WRI 417 Beginning to Write a Novel as you continue to develop a strong story idea. Learn what makes an engaging story through short written assignments, peer and instructor feedback. Familiarize yourself with the key elements of a novel such as setting, plot, character, point of view, style, rhythm and theme. You will also look at research methods and organizational tools to keep your writing on track.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of planning an outline for a novel
- Examine and apply the basic elements of a novel
- Demonstrate descriptive writing techniques
- Identify strategies to develop a system for research
Topics of Instruction:
- Explore the basic elements of a novel
- Create organized writing
- Develop a system for research
Meta - Further flesh out your novel story idea.
PrerequisitesWRI 417 Beginning to Write a Novel
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Creative Writing Certificate : Optional Courses