Identify safety hazards and controls related to industrial work activities and processes including material handling, manufacturing techniques, electrical safety and welding. Gain basic knowledge of common safety issues related to confined spaces, fall protection, hand and power tools, automated systems and more! While the course does focus on the industrial work environment, most of the issues addressed in the course can be related to other occupational settings. This course will assist students preparing to write the examination for the Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation.
All Sections: BMC 104 Health and Safety Management Systems: The Basics
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Be able to identify safety issues related to facility design, operations, and maintenance.
- Understand safety processes related to material handling including issues related to material movement and storage.
- Gain knowledge of safety issues relating to various industrial work processes including the use of hand tools, powered tools, automated systems, woodworking, metal working, and welding.
- Learn about confined spaces, fall protection, and electrical and pressurized systems.
- HSE001 - HSE Proficiency (COMPLETED)
- BMC 104 - Health and Safety Management Systems: The Basics (Pass)
- Brad Bruneau
- Michael Fears, Senior Advisor, HSE
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Health, Safety and Environment Certificate : Optional Courses