BUS 296 - Work Smarter, Not Harder: Driving Results at Work
Many professionals say they want to "work smarter, not harder" but without a clear plan and strategy for their workday many people end up overcommitted, overwhelmed and overworked. Working smarter is about developing a strategy that fits you and the work you do. It requires developing habits, tactics and tools that work with your work style and personality. It involves making conscious decisions about what you will do and how you will do it, and entails skilfully setting and upholding work boundaries.
In this seminar, explore strategies to gain control of your commitments and to make time to do the work that really matters. Identify how to leverage your strengths and how to tailor productivity best practices to your work style. With a personal action plan in place you will be able to “work smarter” to achieve your desired results.
Upon completing this seminar, successful students will be able to:
- Discover how to invest your time like money - to get the greatest return on your investment
- Identify how to achieve both professional and personal goals by planning effectively
- Trailor scheduling, planning and organization best practices to your personal style
- Review tactics that facilitate habit change and maximize your productivity
- Analyse how to manage resources effectively and efficiently
- Acquire the tools to manage expectations and to say “no” when appropriate
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites in this course.
ProficienciesCertificate for Emerging Leaders: Personal Effectiveness Seminars
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Professional Certificate for Emerging Leaders : Personal Effectiveness Seminars