BUS 641 - Business Acumen: Lead with Strategic Business Analysis Tools and Resources
The Financial Times defines business acumen as the “keenness and speed in understanding and deciding on a business situation.” Managers with good business acumen are respected within their organizations because their decisions generate appropriate results and produce additional contributions to the overall company culture and performance.
To create an effective business plan that tells a story about the current state of the business and forecasts the future state with realistic expectations, leaders need to have the right business analysis tools and acumen. This front line leader course identifies a number of business analysis tools and techniques used by different organizations that leaders can use to dissect, comprehend and make decisions about a business situation. Learn how to use frameworks to assess the current state of the business, evaluate the risks impacting the business, consider options, and determine the course of actions or solutions that can be implemented to address business needs.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify business analysis tools and techniques used by different organizations.
- Explore frameworks to assess options, define a course of action and/or create solutions that can be implemented to address business needs.
- Examine strategies to communicate the current state and justify the business decision to key stakeholders within the organization.
- Analyze techniques that will help assess the current state and evaluate the risks impacting the business.
- Develop a method to facilitate research, analyze, and map the organization’s abilities to achieve the envisioned future state.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Business Acumen for Professionals : Core Courses
- Certificate for Front Line Leaders : Leading and Collaboration Across the Business Units - Seminars