This course is an overview of human factors, the study and understanding of interactions between people and their environments. Key areas covered include psychology, workplace design, fatigue, error, and engineering as they relate to health, profit and loss, performance, and liability. Examine and learn from models and plans that reduce the negative impacts and enhance the positive aspects of human factors.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Understand that even the most competent personnel can commit operational errors
- Identify strategies to control operational errors
- Explain the differences between errors, mistakes, deviations and violations
- Have a working knowledge of a number of concept models
- Comprehend the depth of material available in this field for future study
- Recognize how organizational culture impacts individual and team behaviours with respect to safety.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Occupational Health and Safety Advanced Certificate : Core Courses