Explore fundamentals of video editing and compressing techniques for digital video production utilizing Adobe Premiere Pro, a timeline-based non-linear video editing software application. Key features include importing media, working with clips and tracks, editing in the timeline, adding titles and transitions, and exporting projects for different file formats. This course is for individuals with no prior knowledge or experience on video editing.
Course assignments are application based; at the end of the course, you may be able to use some of this work to build your portfolio.
The software used in this course is Adobe Premiere Pro CC, which may be downloaded from Adobe at student pricing. No prior versions are taught or reviewed.
In addition, you should have a video capture device (smartphone or any video camera that captures digital video) to shoot some video segments to complete course assignments; alternatively, you could purchase stock video instead.
Course Level Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify the Adobe Premiere Pro tools, workspace and navigation
- Set up a project file and workflows, video rendering, playback and format settings
- Utilize basic Adobe Premiere Pro tools: organize video and sound assets, essential editing, and text for video titles and subtitles
- Render different Video formats for online and offline viewing
- Integrate Adobe Media Encoder to render movies
- Touring Adobe Premiere Pro
- Setting up a project
- Organizing media
- Video editing essentials
- Working with clips and markers
- Creating titles
- Managing video projects
- Working with video transitions and audio clips
- Importing and capturing footage
- Organizing assets
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in Integrated Digital Media : Optional Courses