ADL 210 - Career Development Foundations
Discuss the major career development foundations that underlie the modern practice of advising. Explore the essential components leading to employee and student success and retention whether in the workforce or in higher education. Discuss important issues facing career practitioners as they strive to help individuals make life decisions.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify the key concepts of major career development theories
- Use career development theories to conceptualize specific cases
- Understand how career issues intersect with psychological, social, and environmental influences
NotesStudents should expect to spend five to seven hours on coursework each week.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Adult and Community Education : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Career and Academic Advising : Career and Academic Advising Specialization Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in e-Learning : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Workplace Learning : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Career Development and Academic Advising : Core Courses