This course will help business and technical people, providing training and exposure that is necessary for both development and the effective use of common data systems.
The ability to use data systems has become an essential skill for the modern business and data analyst in the workplace. The volume and the complexity of modern data analysis requires a fundamental understanding of the systems designed to serve data requirements.
Students will learn the rudiments of standard and analytically-oriented data storage theory and design complemented by hands-on development. Upon completion of this class, students will be able to explain and execute the process of creating an analytical data solution, from conceptual design, transforming and loading data, to the exposure of information through an analytical semantic layer.
Course Level Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Develop basic ETL Packages
- Design, develop and implement a SQL Server BI solution using the Analysis Services Tabular Model
- Query a Tabular Model with DAX
- Develop familiarity with SQL Server BI Client Tools through hands on work
Topics of Instruction
- Design and create a dimensional model
- Transform and load data with integration services
- Load data into analysis services
- Distinguish and decide selection between multi-dimensional or tabular models
- Develop multi-dimensional and tabular models
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Business Intelligence and Analytics : Core Courses