This course provides students with the essential skills to build database applications using modern development technologies and practices.
Database applications are critical technologies in any organization. These applications enable retrieving and updating of data in a database, while providing an easy and intuitive interface to the users. A well-designed application separates code into three layers of presentation, business logic, and data access which allows for easy maintenance, scalability and modifications.
Using Microsoft .NET technology, C# programming language and Visual Studio IDE, this course covers ADO.NET in depth, from Rapid Application Development with datasets, through creating three-layer Windows Forms applications with connections, commands and data readers, to working with object data sources and Entity Framework.
The database used in this course in Microsoft SQL Server, but the same techniques can be applied to work with any database management system like Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
Database programming concepts covered in this course are transferable to other programming environments, like Java and Ruby.
Course Level Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Create RAD database application prototypes and professional three-layer windows applications capable of processing and manipulating data from a database
Topics of Instruction
- ADO.NET Introduction
- DataSets and the DataSet Designer
- Bound controls and parameterized queries
- Connections and commands
- Object data source
- LINQ to SQL
- Introduction to Entity Framework
- Rapid Application Development Technique
- Three-layer Design Development Technique
For the best experience, your computer and internet connection should meet certain requirements. See the recommended requirements...
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in .NET Application Development : Optional Courses