This course provides students with the essential skills to build database applications using modern development technologies and practices.
Database applications are critical technologies in any organization. These applications enable retrieving and updating of data in a database, while providing an easy and intuitive interface to the users. A well-designed application separates code into three layers of presentation, business logic, and data access which allows for easy maintenance, scalability and modifications.
Using Microsoft .NET technology, C# programming language and Visual Studio IDE, this course covers creating database applications, both windows and web-based, using Entity Framework Core, Language Integrated Queries (LINQ), ADO.NET objects, and database-stored procedures and functions. Advanced topics like transaction procession and handling concurrency conflicts are included.
The database used in this course is Microsoft SQL Server, but the same techniques can be applied to work with any database management system like Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
Database programming concepts covered in this course are transferable to other programming environments, like Java and Ruby.
Course Level Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Create three-layer windows and web applications capable of processing and manipulating data from a database
Topics of Instruction
- Introduction to database processing in .NETCore
- Three-layer application design
- Introduction to Entity Framework Core
- Language Integrated Queries (LINQ)
- Binding Controls
- Handling concurrency conflicts
- Using ADO.NET to write data access code
- Working with database-stored code objects: procedures and functions
- Processing transactions
- Using Entity Framework in ASP.NET Core MVC Web Applications
For the best experience, your computer and internet connection should meet certain requirements. See the recommended requirements...
- ICT 710 Computer Programming Level 1 (completed before course start)
- ICT 128 Relational Databases Fundamentals (completed before course start)
- A minimum of 6 months experience working with C# and relational databases (SQL)
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in .NET Application Development : Optional Courses