This course provides students with the essential skills to build web applications using modern development technologies and practices.
Web applications and services are critical technologies in any organization. These applications and services are usually connected to a database and enable organizations with webmail, online retail sales, online auctions, wikis and many other functions.
Using Microsoft .NET technology, C# programming language and Visual Studio IDE, this course covers several ASP.NET technologies to create server-side applications.
This course starts with an overview of ASP.NET Web Form applications, debug and deploy server-side applications, to use web server controls, validate data, write handlers that respond to page and control events, preserve state, redirect or transfer between web pages, and provide a cohesive look of multiple web pages using master pages and themes.
Then focus shifts to ASP.NET Core, exploring creating Razor pages and moving to Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern. Students design and create controllers, views, and models for ASP.Net Core MVC application that retrieves and manipulates data using Entity Framework Core.
User Experience (UX), accessibility standards, and security concerns are also discussed.
Course Level Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Develop professional web applications and web services capable of processing and manipulating data from a database
- Understand the software development process to design and develop accessible and secure web applications
Topics of Instruction
- Introduction to Web programming with ASP.NET
- User Experience (UX) and accessibility concerns
- Using Bootstrap and CSS to style responsive applications
- Using server-side controls
- Working with ASP.NET Web Forms applications template
- Introduction to security in web applications
- Ensuring cohesive website design with master page and content pages
- Debugging web application
- Using Entity Framework Database First to access and manipulate data in a database
- Configuring ASP.NET Core MVC (Model-View-Controller) application
- Working with controllers and routing
- Passing data from controllers to views
- Defining and validating models
- Working with session and state and cookies
For the best experience, your computer and internet connection should meet certain requirements. See the recommended requirements...
- ICT 711 Computer Programming Level 2 (completed before course start)
- ICT 580 HTML5 and CSS3 (completed before course start)
- A minimum of 6 months experience working with C#, HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in .NET Application Development : Optional Courses