This course is the second in a series of three computer programming courses that introduces students to the C# programming language, Visual Studio, the .NET framework, software development processes, and Agile methodologies.
This course is designed for those intermediate-level users who want to further their skills in C#, Visual Studio IDE, and the .NET framework. Instructors will assume students already know the required fundamental skills taught in ICT 710 and will focus on introducing students to Object-Oriented programming and testing methodologies.
Course Level Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Understand object-oriented programming concepts and the various tools needed to design, build and test a software product
- Understand the activities involved in the software development process and the methodologies needed to develop their product incrementally and iteratively
Topics of Instruction
- Advanced GUI controls and event handling
- File processing and exception handling
- Multi-dimensional arrays
- Object-oriented design, UML class diagrams
- Instance members versus static members
- Programming with multiple classes
- Class composition
- Class inheritance, protected members, overriding methods
- Virtual methods, abstract classes, polymorphism
For the best experience, your computer and internet connection should meet certain requirements. See the recommended requirements...