This course builds upon the concepts learned in the SQL Server Administration Level 1 course and explores the more advanced topics involved in SQL Server administration and management. Topics include server high availability, auditing, performance monitoring and indexing.
Microsoft's SQL Server is an enterprise-class Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) being used by organizations worldwide and is the information backbone for thousands of enterprise class software applications.
This course is designed for those who want to further develop intermediate and advanced skills in administering an SQL Server system and its Business Intelligence features. The instructor will assume you know the basics on how to query an SQL Server and have some fundamental concepts of an SQL Server.
Course Level Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Design, build and test SQL Server index management procedures
- Design, build and test database performance monitoring and troubleshooting procedures
- Design, develop and test database auditing procedures
Topics of Instruction
- Import and Export of Data
- Transferring Data To/From SQL Server
- Importing and Exporting Table Data
- Inserting Data in Bulk
- Monitoring SQL Server
- Dynamic Management Views
- Using System Monitor
- Data Collector
- SQL Server Tracing
- Capturing Activity Using SQL Server Profiler and Extended Events Profiler
- Improving Performance with the Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Working with Tracing Options
- Options for Auditing Data Access in SQL Server
- Implementing SQL Server Audit
- Managing SQL Server Audit
- The Need for Indexes
- Index Structures
- Clustered Index
- Non-clustered Indexes
- Obtaining Index Information
- Creating Indexes
- Provides a command-line shell
- Enables automation of server administration
- Uses .NET framework
- Supports SQL Server
For the best experience, your computer and internet connection should meet certain requirements. See the recommended requirements...
- ICT 678 Microsoft SQL Server Development Level 1 (completed before course start)
- ICT 680 Microsoft SQL Server Administration Level 1 (completed before course start)
- ICT 128 Relational Databases Fundamentals (completed before course start)
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with T-SQL to design, build and maintain SQL server database solutions.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in Database Administration : Core Courses