This course introduces you to the Transact-SQL (T-SQL) programming language, the foundation for the entire SQL Server platform. Using the SQL Server Management Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE) you will learn how to create SQL Server objects such as databases, tables and views. In addition, you will learn how to retrieve, store and manipulate data.
Microsoft's SQL Server is an enterprise-class Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) being used by organizations worldwide and is the information backbone for thousands of enterprise class software applications.
This course is designed for those wanting to learn the fundamentals of creating and deploying applications using Microsoft’s SQL Server, a leading industry relational database management system. The instructor will assume that you have a rudimentary understanding of databases.
Course Level Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Design, develop and implement an SQL Server database solution that meets current industry standards and best practices.
- Build and SQL server database system that meets documented business and technical requirements.
- Use SQL Server tools and application to effectively write, test and debug SQL statements and commands.
Topics of Instruction
- Introduction to SQL Server:
- What is SQL Server?
- Editions and requirements
- Improvements from previous versions
- Overview of SQL Management Studio
- Creating and Managing Databases
- Defining databases
- Managing databases
- Defining schemas
- Creating Data Types and Tables
- Working with datat types
- Working with tables
- Generating column values
- Implementing Data Integrity
- Data integrity overview
- Implementing constraints
- Introduction to Transact-SQL
- The transact-SQL programming language
- Types of transact-SQL statements
- Transact-SQL syntax elements
- Using aggregate functions
- JOIN fundamentals
- UNION operator
- Retrieving Data
- Modifying Data
- Inserting Data
- Deleting Data
- Updating Data
- Implementing Views
- Introduction to Views
- Creating and managing views
- Formatting Results
For the best experience, your computer and internet connection should meet certain requirements. See the recommended requirements...
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Database Administration : Core Courses