ICT 665 - Adobe Illustrator Advanced
Discover the versatility of vector illustration in this advanced Illustrator course. Explore perspective drawing, gradient mesh, graphs and pictographs to develop scalable vector graphic designs that can go anywhere, including print, apps, video, and websites. This course is for those intermediate to advanced-level users who want to further their skills.
Course assignments are application based; at the end of the course, you may be able to use some of this work to build your portfolio.
The software used in this course is Adobe Illustrator CC, which may be downloaded from Adobe at student pricing. No prior versions are taught or reviewed.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Construct perspective drawings to represent three-dimensional images on a two-dimensional picture plane
- Design graphic illustrations from concept to final completion
- Construct multi-page web sites, documents and apps
- Design graphics for web, print and apps
- Perspective drawing
- Blending colours and shapes
- Exporting a document
- Advanced techniques of the pen tool
- Advanced opacity and blend mode
- Linking and embedding images
- Using the brush tools for drawing and painting
- Advanced blend and gradient
- Gradient mesh
- Clipping masks
- Creating patterns
- Using symbols
- Advanced type manipulation
- ICT 437 Adobe Illustrator (completed before course start)
- A minimum of 6 months experience working with Adobe Illustrator to create and edit vector graphics.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in Graphic Design : Optional Application Software Courses
- Certificate in Integrated Digital Media : Optional Courses