ICT 664 - Adobe Photoshop Advanced
Course DescriptionExplore the advanced application techniques and creative applications that Adobe Photoshop offers including: creating special effects, advanced layer techniques, professional portrait retouching, designing with multiple images, working with 3D images, creating Webpage navigation, wireframing and making GIF animations. This course is designed for those intermediate to advanced-level users who want to further their skills.
Course assignments are application based; at the end of the course, you may be able to use some of this work to build your portfolio.
The software used in this course is Adobe Photoshop CC, which may be downloaded from Adobe at student pricing. No prior versions are taught or reviewed.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Compose custom illustration
- Design graphics for animations and videos
- Create a website mockup
- Demonstrate professional portrait and fashion retouching
- Painting with the mixer brush
- Designing with multiple images
- Mastering compositing and layer techniques
- Mastering blending modes
- Professional portrait and fashion retouching
- GIF animation
- HTML and images
- Designing navigation bars
- Editing video
- Designing with art boards
- Creating wireframes
- Working with other applications
ICT 436 Adobe Photoshop is a mandatory requirement before registering in this course.
- ICT 436 Adobe Photoshop (completed before course start)
- A minimum of 6 months experience working with Adobe Photoshop to create and edit images.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in Graphic Design : Optional Application Software Courses
- Certificate in Integrated Digital Media : Optional Courses