ITF 220 - Data Transformation and Modelling with Microsoft Power BI
This course teaches you how to use Power BI to transform raw data into meaningful insights. Learn how to connect to different data sources and apply transformations like merging and joining tables.
Students will learn about model relationships, and how you can connect different data tables in Power BI by creating relationships between them. Additionally, learn how to add calculations to your model using quick measures and work with dates and times in Power BI. This course will provide hands-on training and practical exercises.
This course is designed for non-technical business users.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Use Power Query to extract, transform and load data (ETL)
- Build data models using Power BI modelling and relationships
- Connect PowerBI dashboards with Microsoft Forms and data sources on the Web
- Introduction to Power Query
- Merge and append queries
- Data modeling
- Build relationships between tables
- Calculated columns, quick measures
- Working with Dates and Time in Power BI
- Connect Power BI with Microsoft Forms and online data sources on web
There are no mandatory prerequisites for this course. You are expected to have fundamental understanding of core Microsoft Excel concepts such as worksheets, tables and formula.