ITF 210 - Visualize Data using Microsoft Power BI
Gain a fundamental understanding of the capabilities of Power BI. Learn how to design interactive reports and dashboards. Students will learn how to quickly import Excel and text files into Power BI, and perform simple data transformation. You will learn how to select the most appropriate visual type to meet your design and report layout requirements. Students will get hands-on training and practical exercises.
This course is designed for non-technical business users.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Analyze data using Power BI
- Create Power BI visuals including custom visualization
- Create dashboard and reports in Power BI
- Introduction to Power BI Desktop
- Import data from Excel, CSV
- Basic data transformation
- Create visualizations (Tables, Charts, Dashboards, Reports)
- Conditional formatting
- Data analysis, filtering and slicing data
There are no mandatory prerequisites for this course. You are expected to have fundamental understanding of core Microsoft Excel concepts such as worksheets and tables.