SEC 340 - Microsoft Cybersecurity Architect
Microsoft Cybersecurity Architect designs and implements security solutions to protect an organization’s digital assets from cyber threats. Learn how to design cybersecurity solutions that protect an organization's mission and business processes across all aspects of the enterprise architecture.
Students will learn how to design a Zero Trust strategy and architecture, evaluate Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) technical strategies and security operations strategies, design security for infrastructure, design strategies for data and applications, and recommend security best practices and priorities.
The course combines lecture with case studies and group discussions.
Before attending this course, you must have experience and knowledge in a wide range of security engineering areas, including identity and access, platform protection, security operations, securing data, and securing applications.
This course covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam SC-100: Microsoft Cybersecurity Architect.
The University of Calgary is Microsoft Education Global Training Partner.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Design a Zero Trust strategy and architecture
- Evaluate Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) technical strategies and security operations strategies
- Design security for infrastructure
- Design a strategy for data and applications
- Recommend security best practices and priorities
- Build overall security strategy and architecture
- Design a security operations strategy
- Design an identity security strategy
- Evaluate a regulatory compliance strategy
- Evaluate security posture and recommend technical strategies to manage risk
- Understand architecture best practices and how they are changing with the Cloud
- Designing a strategy for securing server and client endpoints
- Design a strategy for securing PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS services
- Specify security requirements for applications
- Design a strategy for securing data
- Recommend security best practices using Microsoft Cybersecurity Reference Architectures (MCRA) and Microsoft Cloud Security Benchmarks
- Recommend a secure methodology using the Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF)
- Recommend a ransomware strategy by using Microsoft Security Best Practices
No mandatory prerequisite.
Self-assessment for enrolment:
A minimum of 12 months of relevant working experience and knowledge in:
- Identity and access, platform protection, security operations, securing data, and securing applications
- Hybrid and cloud implementations
- SEC 310 Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator
- SEC 320 Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Cloud Security on Microsoft Azure : Select One Specialization