SEC 330 - Microsoft Information Protection Administrator
A Microsoft Information Protection Administrator isresponsible for implementing and manageing information protection solutions within an organization, ensuring that sensitive data is identified, classified, and protected from unauthorized access.
Learn how to plan and implement controls that meet organizational information protection and governance requirements by using Microsoft 365 information protection services. The course covers an end-to-end look at each of the security tools, how to deploy and configure them, and what scenarios they are primarily used for.
Students will also learn how to create policies and rules for content classification, data loss prevention, governance, and protection.
This course covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam SC-400: Microsoft Information Protection Administrator.
University of Calgary is Microsoft Education Global Training Partner.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Implement information protection in Microsoft 365
- Implement data loss prevention
- Implement information governance, including data lifecycle and records management
- Intro to Information Protection
- Prevent Data Loss
- Classify Data for Protection
- Create and Manage Sensitive Info Types
- Microsoft 365 Encryption
- Microsoft Purview Message Encryption
- Protect Information in Microsoft Purview
- Apply and Manage Sensitivity Labels
- Prevent Data Loss in Microsoft Purview
- Configure DLP Policies in Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps and Power Platform
- Manage Data Loss Prevention Policies and Reports in Microsoft 365
- Manage Data Lifecycle in Microsoft Purview
- Manage Data Retention in Microsoft 365 Workloads
- Manage Records in Microsoft Purview
This course includes hands-on activities to reinforce the concepts taught and provide a practical learning experience.
Lab access will be provided at no additional cost.
No mandatory pre-requisite.
Self-assessment for enrolment:
A minimum of 6 months of relevant working experience and knowledge in:
- Information protection concepts
- Cloud computing concepts
- M365 products and services, and Microsoft Security and compliance technologies
- ICT-902/ICT-906 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- ICT 907 Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Cloud Security on Microsoft Azure : Select One Specialization