CSC 370 - Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
Learn how to design infrastructure solutions in Azure. Course topics cover governance, compute, application architecture, storage, data integration, authentication and identity, networks, high availability, business continuity, and migrations. The course combines lectures with case studies to demonstrate basic architecture design principles.
Student must have prior knowledge in IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platforms, and governance.
This course covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam AZ-305: Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
University of Calgary is Microsoft Education Global Training Partner.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Design a governance solution.
- Design a compute solution.
- Design a data storage solution.
- Design a data integration solution.
- Design an app architecture solution.
- Design authentication, authorization, and identity solutions.
- Design monitoring solutions.
- Design a networking solution.
- Design backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Design migration solutions.
- Design for governance
- Design a compute solution
- Design a data storage solution for non-relational data
- Design a data storage solution for relational data
- Design data integration
- Design an application architecture
- Design authentication and authorization solutions
- Design a solution to log and monitor Azure resources
- Design network solutions
- Design a solution for backup and disaster recovery
- Design migrations
No mandatory pre-requisite.
Self-assessment for enrolment:
A minimum of 12 months relevant working experience and knowledge in:
- Deployment of Azure workloads
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure compute technologies such as VMs, containers and serverless solutions
- Azure virtual networking to include load balancers
- Azure storage technologies (unstructured and databases)
- Microsoft Azure Administrator
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure : Select One Specialization