CSC 250 - Microsoft Azure Administrator
Properly administering Azure subscriptions, securing identities, and infrastructure is essential of ensuring efficient, secure and reliable cloud operations.
Learn how to manage Azure subscriptions, secure identities, administer the infrastructure, configure virtual networking, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement storage solutions, create, and scale virtual machines, implement web apps and containers, back up and share data, and monitor your solution.
This course covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator.
The University of Calgary is Microsoft Education Global Training Partner.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Secure identities with Azure Active Directory and users and groups.
- Manage subscriptions, accounts, Azure policies, and RoleBased Access Control.
- Administer Azure using the Resource Manager, Azure portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI, and ARM templates.
- Configure virtual networks including planning, IP addressing, Azure DNS, Network Security Groups, and Azure Firewall.
- Configure intersite connectivity solutions like VNet Peering, virtual network gateways, and Site-to-Site VPN connections.
- Manage network traffic using network routing and service endpoints, Azure load balancer, and Azure Application Gateway.
- Implement, manage, and secure Azure storage accounts, blob storage, and Azure files with File Sync.
- Plan, create, and scale virtual machines.
- Administer Azure App Service, Azure Container Instances, and Kubernetes.•Backup files, folders, and virtual machines.
- Monitor the Azure infrastructure with Azure Monitor, Azure alerts Log Analytics, and Network Watcher.
- Administer Identity
- Administer Governance and Compliance
- Administer Azure Resources
- Administer Virtual Networking
- Administer Intersite Connectivity
- Administer Network Traffic
- Administer Azure Storage
- Administer Azure Virtual Machines
- Administer PaaS Compute Options
- Administer Data Protection
- Administer Monitoring
This course includes hands-on activities to reinforce the concepts taught and provide a practical learning experience.
Lab access will be provided at no additional cost.
No mandatory prerequisite.
Self-assessment for enrolment:
A minimum of 6 months relevant working experience and knowledge in:
- On-premise virtualization technologies, including VMs, virtual networking and virtual hardisk
- Network configurations, including TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, firewalls and encryption technologies
- Active Directory
- Resilience and disaster recovery
- CSC 110 Network Plus
- ICT 902 or ICT 906 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure : Required