Understanding the underlying business need is fundamental to implementing sustainable solutions that bring value to an organization.
Examine the basic flow of business analysis, starting with a business need, applying common analytical frameworks and techniques to analyze the overall need. Gain experience defining a future state and comparing gaps between current and future state.
This course is based on International Institute of Business Analysis IIBA™ A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABoK® Guide).
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the basic steps involved in analyzing a business analysis initiative
- Identify key elements of a business case
- Define the scope of a business analysis initiative
- Determine the gaps between a current state and optimal future state
- Modify a change strategy that enables implementation of a desired solution
- Define a change strategy that is tailored to the implementation of a desired solution
- Business Cases
- Business Capability Mapping
- Building a vision Analytical Frameworks Types of Analyses: SWOT, Gap, Cost Benefit
- Benchmarking and Market Analysis
- Implementation Approaches
- Organizational Models
- Planning Horizons (Strategy, Initiative and Delivery)