Traditional project management methodology has been standard for many years. In today's fast-paced, ever-changing approach to business, project managers and organizations have adopted other ways of developing and implementing projects. More and more organizations are implementing agile principles to increase project and business satisfaction in higher-quality systems.
Learn about the Agile Project Management Methodology, and explore its application in the context of project management. Examine the practices that differentiate this methodology from other methods of project management.
You will discover ways in which agile projects are planned, staffed, and managed, and obtain practical results with adaptive approaches to projects. Apply commonly used project-based approach with the Agile methodology.
Create and coach strong collaborative teams who embrace changing requirements while quickly building solutions using agile estimating and planning tools
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify the core elements and foundations of Agile methodology, and its application in the context of project management
- Explain how Agile methodology complements traditional project delivery and practices that differentiate this methodology from other methods of project management
- Describe how utilizing Agile tools speeds up project delivery, improves quality, increases stakeholder satisfaction, and reduces project risk
- Analyze the outcome of applying Agile PM to your project and examine sample Agile methodology project plans
- Examine the application of Agile methodology in different organizations using sample projects, case studies, and experiential projects
- Use metrics and controls for managing requirements, estimating and planning, and documentation based on current best practice
Topics of Instruction
- Agile methodology, its application in the context of project management
- Compare agile methodology to traditional project delivery
- Agile tools
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Advanced Project Management Diploma : Required