BUS 316 - The Upside of Stress
Get up off the sidelines. Thriving in uncertain and demanding times doesn’t happen passively. It requires intentional effort and consistent practice.
Learn to manage the impact of stressful events in your life with proven strategies and tools. Shift your perspective and turn your inner critic into your inner coach and become your own ally.
Explore strategies to effectively manage stress. Paying attention to one's mindset and perspective using practical daily tools can lead to feeling more optimistic. Stress can lead you to reflection rather than rumination. Build self-trust and accountability and lead to moments of celebration.
Upon completing this course, successful students will be able to:
- Examine your own physical, emotional, and behavioural indicators of stress
- Identify effective strategies to manage stress and eliminate reactions
- Recognize leadership qualities that allow you to respond to challenges rather than react
- Utilize practical tools to help you shift your mindset, thinking and perspective
- OAR Model and Thoughts-Feelings-Actions (TFA)
- Four questions to shift from inner critic to inner coach
- Improving relationships and communication using these tools
- A daily blueprint for holding yourself accountable to your stress management practice
NotesWill be replacing: BUS 207 Stress Less: Managing What’s on Your Mind
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Professional Certificate for Emerging Leaders : Personal Effectiveness Seminars