Cybersecurity attacks continue to grow. Increasingly, more job roles are tasked with baseline security readiness and response to address threats.
Examine the fundamentals of Cybersecurity and build a foundation of skills needed for intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs.
Learn the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions that align with the objectives for CompTIA Security+. CompTIA Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
The CompTIA Security+ Exam voucher is not included in the course. Students may purchase the exam voucher separately.
The University of Calgary is a CompTIA Academic Partner.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- Identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
- Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities
- Physical Security
- Networks and Hosts Design and Diagnosis
- Devices and Infrastructure
- Identity, Access, and Account Management
- Cryptography and PKI
- Wireless Threats
- Virtualization, Cloud Security, and Securing Mobile Devices
- Securing Data and Applications
- Security Assessments
- Incident Response, Forensics, and Recovery
- Risk Management
- Governance and Compliance
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for individuals who wish to pursue a career in IT or Cybersecurity as:
- Security Administrator
- Helpdesk Manager / Analyst
- Security Engineer / Analyst
- IT Auditors
- Systems Administrator
- Network / Cloud Engineer
- DevOps / Software Developer
- IT Project Manager
NotesCourse materials from a third-party vendor will be provided to all learners for the course.
There are no mandatory prerequisites for this course. However, you are required to perform a self-assessment to ensure you meet the requirements to enrol, or to complete the recommended prerequisite course.
Self-assessment for enrolment
- At least 6 months of computer networking experience
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Network and Linux System Administration : Optional Courses