Network Plus introduces the fundamentals of computer networking, configuration, management, and troubleshooting for common wired and wireless network devices.
Explore specific areas like critical security concepts, key cloud computing best practices, typical service models, newer hardware, and virtualization techniques. Students will learn the essential skills to keep a network resilient.
Develop the technical skills needed to securely establish, maintain and troubleshoot the essential networks that businesses rely on. Cover the objectives for CompTIA Network+. The CompTIA Network+ exam is accredited by ANSI to show compliance with the ISO 17024 standard.
The CompTIA Linux+ Exam voucher is not included in the course. Students may purchase the exam voucher separately.
The University of Calgary is a CompTIA Academic Partner.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Establish network connectivity by deploying wired and wireless device
- Navigate and maintain network documentation
- Monitor and develop network services
- Implement basic datacenter, cloud, and virtual networking concepts
- Monitor network activity, identifying performance and availability issues • Implement network hardening techniques
- Manage, configure, and troubleshoot network infrastructure
- Networking Basics
- Network Cabling and Hardware Devices
- Network Addressing and Services
- Firewalls and Intrusion Detection
- Switching and Routing
- Specialized Networks
- Wireless Networking
- Wide Area Networks (WANs)
- Network Operations and Management
- Network Security
- Hardening and Update Management
- Network Optimization and Troubleshooting
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for individuals who wish to pursue a career in IT infrastructure as:
- Junior Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- NOC Technician
- Cable Technician
- Datacenter Support Technician
- System Administration
- Telecommunications Technician
NotesCourse materials from a third-party vendor will be provided to all learners for the course.
There are no mandatory prerequisites for this course. However, you are expected to have prior knowledge in computer hardware, software, operating systems, and troubleshooting.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Network and Linux System Administration : Required