A project manager has many tools in their belt.
Tailoring is an essential aspect of project management. The intentional adaptation of the project management approach, governance, and processes to make them more suitable for the given environment and workplace.
Learn how tailoring in a project environment incorporates the development approach, processes, program life cycle, deliverables, and identifies who to engage. Examine how the tailoring process is driven by the guiding project management principles, organizational values, and culture.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Recognize how to apply ongoing improvements to a project
- Discuss why tailoring is essential to successful project completion and meeting stakeholder and organizational needs
- Learn how to tailor specific projects for different types of organizations, industry context, and stakeholders
- Investigate the function of tailoring within the performance domains
- Assess project plans and documents that align with the Four Step Tailoring Process using appropriate learning activities
Topics of Instruction
- The Four-Step Tailoring Process
- Tailoring for the Organization
- Tailoring for the Project
- Tailoring for the Performance Domains