Discuss the basics of instructional design and how to effectively apply sound design principles to facilitate learning in face-to-face, online, group, and self-study contexts. Learn how to design learning activities that work, and learning assessments that will confirm that they worked. In this portfolio-based course, design a complete module of learning.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify and address the needs or gaps between the current condition of an organization, client or department and select an appropriate training solution that will help them accomplish their goals
- Design a clear, innovative and coherent learning strategy that addresses and expands the learning context for your organization, client or department and meets at least three learning outcomes
- Develop a learning experience with instruction that constructively aligns measurable learning objectives with assessments and engaging learning activities
- Design a plan to implement and evaluate the effectiveness of training or instruction based on the achievement of the learning outcomes after delivery
Students should expect to spend 5-7 hours on course work each week.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Adult and Community Education Certificate : Core Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Adult and Community Education : Adult and Community Education Specialization Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Career and Academic Advising : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in e-Learning : e-Learning Specialization Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Workplace Learning : Optional Courses
- e-Learning Certificate : Core Courses