Discuss the basics of instructional design and how to effectively apply sound design principles to facilitate learning in face-to-face, online, group, and self-study contexts. Learn how to design learning activities that work, and learning assessments that will confirm that they worked. In this portfolio-based course, design a complete module of learning.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify and address the needs or gaps between the current condition of an organization, client or department and select an appropriate training solution that will help them accomplish their goals
- Design a clear, innovative and coherent learning strategy that addresses and expands the learning context for your organization, client or department and meets at least three learning outcomes
- Develop a learning experience with instruction that constructively aligns measurable learning objectives with assessments and engaging learning activities
- Design a plan to implement and evaluate the effectiveness of training or instruction based on the achievement of the learning outcomes after delivery
Students should expect to spend 5-7 hours on course work each week.
If you are enrolled in a section of BMC 352 that will be completed before this course begins, you may enrol for this course by calling 403.220.2866.
BMC 352 Learning Online OR
BMC 152 Learning Online
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Adult and Community Education Certificate : Core Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Adult and Community Education : Adult and Community Education Specialization Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Career and Academic Advising : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in e-Learning : e-Learning Specialization Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Workplace Learning : Optional Courses
- e-Learning Certificate : Core Courses